Data Implementation Engineer
As a Data Implementation Engineer at 1upHealth, you will play a crucial role in the onboarding and implementation of new clients. We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated individual with healthcare data experience who excels at data mapping/transformation and demonstrates a strong ability to make well-informed and independent decisions while working with strict deadlines.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Configure the 1upHealth platform to deliver on our customers’ contractual obligations
- Work closely with the Implementation Manager to understand project timelines and execute tasks to meet required deadlines.
- Handle the extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) of various healthcare data, into a customer’s FHIR platform.
- Perform data mapping operations on and make independent, informed decisions
- Work cross-functionally across departments, including Product, Software Engineering, Customer Success and Support to report and address customer-reported product concerns..
- Document implementation steps, deploy and utilize tools created by our Product and Engineering teams
- Attend external customer-facing meetings and provide technical feedback in a manner that is easily understood by the customer
- Automation of file transfer and ETL processes
We are looking for people who have:
- 5+ years of data engineering experience.
- Healthcare data interoperability experience with data formats such as HL7v2, FHIR, and CCDA.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret and visualize data effectively.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking abilities.
- Demonstrated experience in making independent decisions, including those related to data mapping.
- BS/MS Computer Science, Engineering, Bioinformatics, or a related field
- Skilled in Node.js, Python, or at least one data-centric programming language.
- Proficient with Linux.
- Experience building and maintaining scalable batch and streaming data pipelines for terabyte scale data.
- Experienced in database architecture, with professional experience using relational SQL (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL), and NoSQL (MongoDB, Elasticsearch).
- Experience with Apache NiFi or similar large-scale data platforms. ,
- Working knowledge and experience with AWS infrastructure including DynamoDB, RDS, OpenSearch, Lambda, and EC2.
- An adaptable mindset due to a rapidly changing startup environment