About First Dollar
Today, over 112 million Americans have access to health spending benefits. And as healthcare costs continue to rise, the individuals and organizations that use and offer health spending benefits will depend on them even more. But if you look behind the curtain of most programs today, you'll find a hodgepodge of legacy tech solutions that create barriers to benefit design and access.
First Dollar is tackling this challenge. We build software tools and APIs that enable organizations to design, launch, and manage DC-FSAs, FSAs, LP-FSAs, LSAs, HRAs, HSAs, rewards, supplementals, and more. We power the “health wallet” for all healthcare spending, acting as a single touch point for any consumer healthcare transaction. And in our work, we leverage modern engineering advances and human-centered design principles to offer the most advanced solution on one card, app, and API.
Our team includes educators, entrepreneurs, industry experts, musicians, and technologists. Several of us are new parents, many of us have built exciting things on previous tech teams, and we've all joined together to make offering and using benefits feel effortless. In our daily work, we strive to uphold our values of ownership, relentlessness, inclusivity, simplicity, and authenticity. We’ve been recognized as a Best Place to Work in Austin, Texas, but we have teammates throughout the United States.
About This Role
We're looking for a VP Sales to join our executive leadership team. Reporting to the CEO, you'll be responsible for leading our sales organization focused primarily on new logo acquisition. You’ll be tasked with scaling the sales organization for a post product market fit Series A company focused on $10M -> $30M in ARR growth. We have a validated ideal customer profile, run a surprisingly robust sales process for our stage, and believe there to be significant headroom given current pipeline & market demand. For the right candidate, this opportunity is a career maker.
- Lead the sales organization, including our existing sales executive. Budget is already approved to expand this team once you join.
- Deliver meaningful revenue growth to build upon an existing pipeline and defined ICP.
- Develop a team of senior executives capable of full cycle enterprise software sales into healthcare and employer benefits verticals. We sell to TPAs, PEOs/HRIS/payroll, financial institutions, and health plans. We do not sell to employers/brokers.
- Hold the team accountable to an airtight sales process.
- Be responsible for setting our 2024 number and hitting it.
- Engage with key organizational stakeholders to deliver market intelligence, fostering a continuous feedback loop.
You will need to have:
- Have sales leadership experience in a health tech, fin tech or benefits tech startup.
- Have demonstrated consistent new logo performance selling enterprise software.
- Have experience with mentorship and proven ability to build and coach a team.
- Have a strong understanding of healthcare finance and economics.
- Are a critical thinker with the ability to engage and inspire a new and growing team.
- Demonstrated grit, team focus, and results oriented mentality.
It’d be nice if you:
- Had a former life as a sales engineer.
- Familiarity with the employer benefits industry people, players & dynamics.
- Have previously worked in the Consumer Directed Health (CDH) industry.
- Compensation: Competitive base, variable earnings and meaningful equity. We take a data-driven approach to our compensation strategy so all employees are paid competitively and equitably.
- Tax-advantaged Vehicles: Tax-advantaged vehicles, including a 401(k) plan and a health savings account (HSA) for eligible medical plans. We also provide a generous contribution to the HSA.
- Remote Work Stipend: Each team member gets $500 to help cover expenses like co-working memberships, home office equipment, and coffee runs.
- Benefits: Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance. We cover 100% of employee medical premiums and 50% of family member medical premiums for employees enrolled in the HDHP. Plus, all employees receive a free One Medical membership.
- Work-Life Balance: Progressive policies to support work-life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program.
- Office: A beautiful, convenient, and state-of-the-art office in downtown Austin for those who prefer an office setting.
Whenever possible, First Dollar wants to provide our team with the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. For those that prefer an office setting, this role may be based in our Austin location with flexibility to work from the office/remote. If you prefer to work from your home, we can accommodate that for most positions and locations across the United States.