QA Engineer (Internal Entry Level)
About the position:
We are looking for someone who is passionate about delivering a high-quality customer experience for our product solutions. You are a technically aware person with a deep understanding of how software products work, how they interact with each other and most importantly, how they break! You and the team you work with provide full-stack and back-end solutions. You should have a nice balance of testing both web applications and back-end services.
This position is entirely remote, but will require occasional travel for in-person meetings with the team.
This isn’t just about “Quality Assurance”; we want you to help us create a better product and proactively improve our quality efforts on the whole.
Every team member is expected to work together to establish and define the tooling and process that best supports everyone. They should be passionate about solving difficult technical problems and building first class products.
- Work in a scrum team and help in developing test strategies, test planning and test cases design for web interfaces and backend applications
- Own and maintain the overall test automation effort
- Perform functional, usability, performance and load test for various components and projects in web/mobile domain
- Assess and mitigate risks that have an impact on the quality of the products we build
- Test and report app performance, usability, and hardware/software compatibility
- Drive test planning efforts, and participate in spec and design review, providing insights based on product knowledge and end-user interaction
- Work closely with Customer Operations and other internal teams to triage incidents and drive resolution when necessary
- Be a strong quality advocate, collaborating closely with software engineers, designers, and product managers to release life changing products.
- Design and deliver risk based test plans for new features and functionality, choosing the right method of testing for each situation or phase (scenario, exploratory, scripted, automated, etc.).
- Pair with software engineers to identify and prevent gaps with automation/regression coverage and even build frameworks.
- Strong technical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with modern web browsers
- Experience with AGILE methodologies and ensuring sprint priorities are met
- Hands-on experience testing applications for a variety of smartphones, tablets, and web interfaces
- Solid understanding of software product life cycles
- Experience with common testing tools, such as Postman, Chrome Network Inspector
- Experience with SQL databases
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to isolate defects effectively, as well as provide specific conditions for
- Ability to work with a variety of stakeholders to develop appropriate testing methodologies
- Keen attention to detail
- Demonstrated tenacity to chase down the root cause of a problem
- Ability to contribute tactically and strategically
- Must be able to pass criminal background record check
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.